Re: [LUG] Linux @ University of Plymouth

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:36:00PM +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> cool until the spec changes a bit.... Horses for Courses: separate
> functionality from style, code from documentation, coders from managers.

The problem with keeping code separate from documentation is that it
adds an extra hurdle to keeping documentation up to date. If you need to
edit the code, then hunt down the docs and update them separately,
you're more likely to put off doing so (indefinitely...) than if all you
need to do is edit the comment at the top of the method.

The rest I agree on, especially the last point. ;)

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0