[LUG] Linux @ University of Plymouth

I'll hopefully be joining Plymouth as a Computer Science undergraduate this September and was wondering if anyone on the list is currently studying at Plymouth, previously studied at Plymouth, or just happens to know about the state of Computing there.

My main question is how much access is there to Linux on campus? I'll obviously be bringing my own computers but I was wondering whether there were any/many Linux machines in open access areas or whether it's purely Windows based?

Also, if anybody had any insight into the course and it's lecturers it would be great.

Regards, Ross Bearman