Re: [LUG] HSBC (Corporate) and Firefox. Reply from HSBC

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Henry Bremridge
<henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I would be very interested to know how they *Support* Internet
>> Explorer? and as changing the use agent allows other browsers to
>> connect perfectly, why they are clearly discriminating and not
>> supporting in anyway.
>>

> Changing the use agent has no effect: it seems to be a problem with a
> reauthentication using their onetime key pad. (Basically because this is the
> Corporate Banking system they seem to have tougher security controls than the
> personal: so not only do you have to log in to use the system you also have to
> relog in to eg approve a payment. Needless to say the overall system prevents one
> person from both preparing a payment and approving it).

Ah sorry, i was not paying enough attention ;-) Didn't realize you
were taking about the pin entry system for commercial banking.

> Supporting I/E seems to be a misnomer. The minimum specs are:
> - Microsoft 98 and above (Vista is not mentioned)
> - Microsoft Java Machine

If you are desperate and don't want a reboot there is always ie4linux,
it might work

Robin