Re: [LUG] HSBC (Corporate) and Firefox. Reply from HSBC

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Henry Bremridge
<henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 10:57:59AM +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:28:47 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
>> > http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38653/113/
>> >
>> > So whats your banks excuse?
>> > Tom te tom te tom
>>
>> "Security", apparently.  Or so they like to tell you.

> Hello Henry
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
>
> Unfortunately, HSBCnet does not fully support Firefox at present, you may refer to
> the `Getting Started' guide under `Useful Links' on the post logon page to view
> the `Minimum System Requirements'. However, we do acknowledge and recognise the
> growing market of alternative browsers and are currently investigating ways to
> introduce the appropriate levels of support for Firefox. Whilst we do not yet have
> a confirmed date for this support we have kept a record of your details and will
> keep you informed of any developments in this regard.
>
> Your comments are extremely valuable in assisting us to understand your needs and
> we would  welcome any other proposals you have on improving the HSBCnet service.

I would be very interested to know how they *Support* Internet
Explorer? and as changing the use agent allows other browsers to
connect perfectly, why they are clearly discriminating and not
supporting in anyway.

Robin