Re: [LUG] new machine

Quoting "alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> hi the motherboard is an asus p5q pro,i tried 7.10 and mepis 7.0,i also
> have 8800gt 512 graphics card fitted.i will try the latest ubuntu first

Hi Alex,

I found the option on the Dell OptiPlex 755, it's to do with SATA, it
can be set to AHCI or ATA mode.  I had to set it to ATA mode to get
Windows to work until we updated our installation images to support
AHCI.

I'll have a look at my motherboards when I get home and see if I can
find anything in the BIOS which might be able to point you in the
right direction.

Rob