Re: [LUG] new machine

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 10:11 +0100, alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Alex Mclennan" <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hi all,HELP,my friend and i just built my new computer,2.66 quad core 4gb
> ram,160gig sata hd,with a caddy+dvd rw.
> The problem i got is i am trying to load ubuntu 8.04 on a hard drive in the caddy
> with the sata hd disconected,the machine knows there is a hd in caddy and the boot
> order is correct.
> I get this message:busybox v1.1.3(debian1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) built-in
> shell(ash)enter help for a list of built-in commands.
>
> (initramfs)_
>
> At this point my synaptic pathways fried in my brain,this is way over my head.
> happy days from alex the noob
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Generated by the contributors page
> in the members area at D+C GLUG
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

how far did you get with the install
it sounds like you have dropped to a shell
ramfs is the virtual filesystem when running a Live distro is that what
you have installed?

Also what monitor have you?

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386