Re: [LUG] USB barcode reader in X

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 11:49 +0100, kevin wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 10:13 +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:45:51 +0100
> > kevin wrote:

> > > Yes I have joined sourceforge but the forums are full of questions
> > > about USB scanners and printers but no answers. The relevant file is
> > > the

> > > The project works fine with a keyboard wedge type scanner but all
> > > mine are rs232 types its just a compatibility thing.
> > > as usual 99% of the system works and the one thing to make it perfect
> > > is just non-existent!
> >
> > Is your device an RS232 or a USB?  If it's an RS232 and you're
> > connecting it to a RS232-USB adapter... can you not connect it to an
> > actual RS232 port?
> >
> > Grant.
>
> I could but I still dont get the input in a Form
> I hoped there would be more java support for usb input
>
> Iam trying to get this to work
> Name: javax-usb
> Version: 1.0.1
> Release: 1
> Copyright: (c)Copyright International Business Machines Corporation
> 2001. All rights reserved.
> Group: System Environment/Libraries
> %description
> Java API to USB devices.
> %files
> %defattr(-, root, root)
> /opt/javax-usb/lib/jsr80*.jar
> /etc/profile.d/javax-usb.*
>
> currently but am failing on installing the javax-usb_1.0.2.tar.bz file

does anyone know much about ant?
I think I need to run ant then get ti to make a file called jsr80*.jar

this is the README file

The JCP web site is: http://jcp.org
The JSR80 web site is: http://javax-usb.org

****************
* Requirements *
****************

Java Standard Edition version 1.2 or greater - Micro Edition has not
been tested but may work
ANT      http://jakarta.apache.org/ant

Note that pre-installed versions of these tools may not be right, e.g.
some distros have "Kaffe"
or "gcc-java" or another version of ant.  Those packages should be
replaced/removed.

Note that this API requires all implementations to provide a properties
file called "javax.usb.properties".
This file must contain (at least) the property "javax.usb.services" set
to the name of a class that implements the
UsbServices interface.  See the class javax.usb.UsbHostManager for
details.

*********
* Build *
*********

The ANT tool uses XML buildfiles to create the project.  Simply run ant
in the toplevel directory to see a help listing of all targets.  The

* Installation *

Add lib/jsr80.jar to your CLASSPATH.

but I dont know any commands for ant

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386