Re: [LUG] USB barcode reader in X

kevin wrote:

> I dont have any experience with .jar files
> can you suggest an editor or is a .jar file compiled?

If I remember correctly a .jar file is a compiled Java executable (I
think they are Zipped).  If it's on Sourceforge would it not be possible
to get the source?

Have they got a mailing list for the software?

My only experience of barcode scanners were with the old PS2 ones which
basically sent numbers from the barcodes over the PS2 connection (it
emulated keyboard input).

Rob