Re: [LUG] USB barcode reader in X

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 10:13 +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:45:51 +0100
> kevin wrote:

> > > If I remember correctly a .jar file is a compiled Java executable
> > > (I think they are Zipped).  If it's on Sourceforge would it not be
> > > possible to get the source?
> > >
> > > Have they got a mailing list for the software?
> > Yes I have joined sourceforge but the forums are full of questions
> > about USB scanners and printers but no answers. The relevant file is
> > the
> > >
> > > My only experience of barcode scanners were with the old PS2 ones
> > > which basically sent numbers from the barcodes over the PS2
> > > connection (it emulated keyboard input).
> > The project works fine with a keyboard wedge type scanner but all
> > mine are rs232 types its just a compatibility thing.
> > as usual 99% of the system works and the one thing to make it perfect
> > is just non-existent!
>
> Is your device an RS232 or a USB?  If it's an RS232 and you're
> connecting it to a RS232-USB adapter... can you not connect it to an
> actual RS232 port?
>
> Grant.

I could but I still dont get the input in a Form
I hoped there would be more java support for usb input

Iam trying to get this to work
Name: javax-usb
Version: 1.0.1
Release: 1
Copyright: (c)Copyright International Business Machines Corporation
2001. All rights reserved.
Group: System Environment/Libraries
%description
Java API to USB devices.
%files
%defattr(-, root, root)
/opt/javax-usb/lib/jsr80*.jar
/etc/profile.d/javax-usb.*

currently but am failing on installing the javax-usb_1.0.2.tar.bz file