Re: [LUG] Making a Triple/Multi Boot machine...

Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
  If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.

Anton Channing wrote:
> Anton Channing wrote:
>> Simon Williams wrote:
>>> Install new OS- tell it not to install a bootloader. Your old bootloader
>>> will remain and you can then add the new OS to it. Alternatively, if
>>> you've currently got LILO and you want to upgrade to GRUB (which is
>>> definitely better- especially if you've got multiple Linux installs),
>>> let the new OS install GRUB and then add entries for the existing OSes.
>>> It's not that hard to do, so long as you keep track of which OS is in
>>> which partition and who owns the bootloader.
>> Yeah, it just got confused last time I tried, so i
>> assumed there is more to it.
>>
>>> Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.
>>> Simon
>>
>> I'll give it a go this weekend and let you know if
>> I get any problems. :)
>
> Hmm.  I've just had a go again, but this time I can't
> even get the sidux cd to boot.  It just sits there
> on the 'Booting from ATAPI CD' prompt forever.  So I
> gave up.
>
> Not sure why it would do that.  Never tried a distro
> that actually failed to boot the install disk!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Anton

Try Super GRUB Live CD disc to sort out .
link:  http://www.supergrubdisk.org/

Regards
Eion MacDonald