[LUG] Making a Triple/Multi Boot machine...

Currently running a dual boot machine with XP
and Ubuntu FF.  Haven't upgraded FF because it
works well and don't want to risk messing it up.

Almost never use windows.  May eventually check
out WINE.  I expect everything I use windows for
could run in WINE.

Had a 60GB windows d: partition on my hard drive.
Thought I might make better use of it with a
third OS.  Tried to install Debian testing a month
or two ago, but it failed part way through the
installation.  Also, it did something weird with
the GRUB menu I couldn't work out how to fix it.
Basically when I select windows now, it goes to
a LILO menu with windows and the debian installer
as options.

Am now thinking of trying out Sidux in the spare
space.  Or maybe even halving the spare space and
trying Sidux and something else.  But I want to
have everything in one GRUB menu.  I'm stretching
my knowledge and skills a bit on this one...

...anything I need to know before I start?