Re: [LUG] TV viewing in Linux

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The reason I mention the above is that I tried the Expert option
>  yesterday and I did see the bttv module loading, so obviously it's doing
>  *something*.  Precisely what is a much deeper issue ;)  Originally when
>  I used modprobe I did 'modprobe bttv card=114' which I presume has told
>  BTTV that every time it loads tthe card it is looking for is the Winfast
>  one I have, since other sources I found listed my card as 114.  So I'm
>  *fairly* confident BTTV is loading properly.

No, the module will not remember that setting, all you did was attempt
to load the bttv module on that occasion with those parameters, if it
was already loaded then you did nothing at all.

You want to look in /etc/modprobe.d and probably create a file there
that has the contents

option bttv card=14

This will ensure that the module has the correct parameters when it starts.

Robin