Re: [LUG] TV viewing in Linux

Julian Hall wrote:
> Simon Robert wrote:
>> Are you using Kaffeine?
> No but I'm happy to try it :)
>> Can you plug a tv ariel, digital feed, into the card?
> Permanently connected to my external DVD Recorder (which in turn is
> connected to my Virginmedia box.  Works fine in Winblows so there is no
> hardware problem, seems to be purely software.
>> There are scripts around for creating devices for dvb, linuxtv.org and
>> linuxdvb.tv are good places.
>>
> Thanks I'll have a look at those :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

yup I'd really give kaffeine a try, it is the most user friendly for
detecting stuff. tvtime doesn't deal with anything except areils plugged
into cards, xine, mplayer etc all need a channels.conf file generated
via the scan/zap tools provided by linuxtv.org. Like I said if kaffeine
detects devices for some varient og digital video broadcasting a tab
will appear on the media choice screen. I have just discovered what
looks like a very good tv app called me-tv (programmed by an ozzie so
its me tv on me pc) which is designed for gnome and like kaffeine will
do a scan and build a channel list if a dvb device is detected. The
linuxtv command line apps build channel lists for dvb-t and dvb-s, ie
satellite and terrestrial. I think the documentation is crap.
--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk