Re: [LUG] TV viewing in Linux

> -----Original Message-----
> From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robin Cornelius
> Sent: 10 April 2008 12:19
> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LUG] TV viewing in Linux

Have you checked to see if you need the specific firmware file for your
card.

The first time I tried to use my wintv device it was recognised but not
initialised.
I had to get a file which had a collection of forimware files for different
card under linux.
When it's put in the correct directory it just worked.

A search engine should help with finding the firmware.
I no longer have the file as I reinstalled a few days ago and after getting
the latest updates in ubuntu it just worked without needing them.

Ray