Re: [LUG] TV viewing in Linux

I know this is a rather late contribution to this thread, but I've been
away. The last, but rather technical, word on this type of stuff is
www.linuxtv.org which is where the people who write the drivers hang out.

In any recent kernel the drivers should be present or at least
potentialy present. Did you add this card after installing xandros? If
so it maybe that the drivers weren't included, if you can reinstall
xandros the card may be detected and the drivers "switched on".

If you can't reinstall and the drivers are in the kernel you can rebuild
it. This would be by grabbing the source from the xandros repository and
then doing a rebuild using the most guized app available to select the
options to include modules. Infact if xandros uses synaptic you could
simply opt to install an upgrade to the kernel or just reinstall the
current one. This should rebuild for you detecting whatever hardware is
around.

Simon

--
Simon Robert