[LUG] Still learning about Bittorrent.

Hi, I've recently been trying to pick up bittorrent. I found this site where
it was explained;
BitTorrent is not like other peer-to-peer applications (such as Winmx,
Kazaa, Gnutella, etc.) in that it does not have its own "universe." Put
another way, BT lives on top of the Web, which means that all of the
searching/listing of available files is done on the web. When you find a
file you want to download, you click on it and the BitTorrent client program
will run and ask you where to put it,
....if this is right then does this not make Bittorrent just like a download
manager? When I use Limewire I often find obscure techno music that I'm sure
a google searchg wouldn't find. Why should I use bit torrent?
Cheers, Jon.