Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Re: Contact Us Website Help]

On Friday 22 February 2008 19:07, Brad Rogers wrote:
> Don't get me wrong;  I don't disagree with what you've said, on the
> whole.  I'm just presenting possibilities where the IT people may not
> be at fault, but management.  That is, the people that *think* they
> know best, even though they've got no formal training or practical
> experience in the field of endeavour over which they "lord it".
Even absolutely rubbish management should know that you give a task to someone
and let them use their skills in completing it. I was trained up in Visual
Studio (pre .NET) and it took me about two months to prove to myself it was
useless in an enterprise web design situation - OK for doing a one off but
lousy if you ever thought of changing it - just re-loading a 'project' would
often bork it. I gave up and coded by hand - got some strange looks but got
the work done a lot faster. If anyone had tried to force me to use VS for web
design I would have laughed in their faces and asked them if they had heard
of constructive dismissal.
I suppose the first job for any engineer should be to read the complete works
of Dilbert

> It still p*sses me off when I find a site that won't work, or works
> poorly with (say) FF.
Don't get angry get even - find a competitor site that works for you and then
if your feeling malicious e-mail the original and tell them why you are
taking your business elsewhere!
Tom te tom te tom