Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Re: Contact Us Website Help]

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:39:25 +0000
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

> Its NOT laziness & cost - its pig ignorance. If they knew what they

In this context, I'd argue that they're the same thing.  Almost.

> were doing then it would be browser/os agnostic. However they are

Ideally, yes.  However, we live in the real world, where the people "in
the know" are not the people "in control".  Maybe the NU IT dept has
its hands tied and don't have the budget to do the job properly.

> probably M$ trained monkeys and no nuthing...

Quite possibly.  Again, this could be a budgetary issue.  M$ only staff
would cost less to employ than fully versed web experts.

> Theres a really moronic attitude to web design which seems to be lets

Again, this could be the result of budgetary/time constraints.

> I'd take my custom elsewhere - and I'd avoid the SM like the plague
> for a long time.

As would I.

Don't get me wrong;  I don't disagree with what you've said, on the
whole.  I'm just presenting possibilities where the IT people may not
be at fault, but management.  That is, the people that *think* they
know best, even though they've got no formal training or practical
experience in the field of endeavour over which they "lord it".

It still p*sses me off when I find a site that won't work, or works
poorly with (say) FF.

--
 Regards  _

White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick
White Riot - The Clash