Re: [LUG] OT: Power Unit & PC World

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> My only wonder is that anyone who has any computer knowledge at all
> would have anything to do with PC World.
>
> Neil Winchurst

I have previously bought two laptops and a desktop from PC World.  Their
lousy reputation is due mainly to the appalling quality of most of their
sales staff.  If however you *know* what you want in advance and/or you
buy online you can avoid that bullet, and occasionally get some good
bargains out of them.  PC World is deadly for novices who are guided by
the useless sales staff.  Their not actually *quite* so bad for the
experienced user.[1]

My *current* laptop was from Ebuyer and the desktop a self-build however :)

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] Did I just defend PC World?  I need a lie down! ;)