[LUG] OT: Power Unit & PC World

My PCU in my Packard Bell iMedia 1308 has gone dead, a late PCU etc...
It is/was an FSP250-60GEN. FSP no longer make this unit though they do
make a whole bunch of FSP250-60*****'s. These have the same dimensions
as the late unit, though not the socket for speaker power (which I don't
care about), and look identical. Does anyone know what I can replace
this unit with?

The PC World bit is that I removed the PCU and took it to the Taunton
branch. They where kind enough to go out of there way and check it for
me (well it could have been something mechanical with the on/off button)
and pronounce it dead.

Then I was told they didn't sell anything I could use to replace it. I
thought that pretty much any unit of the correct voltage would do and
asked again. (and again).

I was told to phone the "Tech Guys". Looking around the store I saw that
they no longer sold any components at all. No Hard Drives, no DDR Ram,
not even the tasteless cases they used to flog. The only things sold
which would mean taking the cover off your PC were TV cards, but even
then the bias was towards USB external units.

Maybe everyone knows this, but I'd only just noticed.

Anyhow phone the "Tech Guys" (number given out as if they were doing a
favour) and explain problem. "Tech Guys" don't sell parts. You have to
have an "engineer" at £89 an hour who will install a replacement.

I guess I probably can't get a "Tech Guy" to arrive and turn over the
PCU to me and then charge for 2 minutes, not checked but there must be a
call out fee.

Power Units are still on the website, so maybe this policy is for
smaller stores? But still in an area like this it makes buying parts a
problem.

And does anyone know what I can replace this unit with? If someone could
tell me what voltages etc are acceptable it'd be a great help. If the
screws don't fit there is always super glue....

Thanks
     Simon

--
Simon Robert