Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools redux.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:20:23 +0000
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

> Sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees - this time you cant
> see the wood for the sawdust....

Indeed.   :-(

In a similar vein, I've just received a letter from my kids' school
indicating that I have not signed the "Home-School Agreement".  This,
apparently, is something the govt. wants all parents to sign as an
indication that they'll get the kids to school on time, they'll do
as well as they can, and so forth.  For their part, they'll agree to
teach my children, etc.

Now, didn't I already agree to all that when I actually enrolled my
kids in school?  AFAICS, this agreement simply erodes some of my, and
my children's, rights to be educated, allowing the school more scope for
kicking them out.  Needless to say, I won't be signing.

--
 Regards  _

Never much liked playing there anyway
Banned From The Roxy - Crass