Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 10:50 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> We had thousands of
> 'Management Consultants' giving courses and advice on management methods.
> They were all American, over here because their 'skills' had been tried and
> found seriously wanting in the States.
And how may times and at what expense has the NHS been reorganised using
management consultants?

I think if we can offer support and advice, even training, we might be
able to drip feed our points about the benefit to schools and pupils.
County Councils and schools - perhaps as parents (or grand parents)
certainly as school governors.

I will have another go at my daughter's school - alas my days as
governor are long over. Ayt least I can offer an imput to year 11 and
see how well it goes down.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk