Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 17:15 +0000, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> After all Sir Frank Whittle, the inventor of the
> jet engine,was English., as were many important inventors. It can
> appear so today because in the *)s we seemed to give up on
> engineering, largely.
I watched the programme about the first business to get a man up to
100km fascinating, enjoyable and a tribute to the guys and gals
involved. Given our history - it could all have been done here. In the
end it did have a Virgin logo on the side though I mnissed the bit as to
how it got there at the last minute when they actually went for the $10M
prize.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk