Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 16:05 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> Dave Berkeley wrote:
> > The lost CD of tax details was a good example.

I've received two phishing approaches already as a result of this, one
in writing and one over the phone. Being housedad due to being off work
disabled, perhaps they thought I might be a better target for a scam
having "control of the household finances" as the "man of the house", or
perhaps in financial scams men have been found to be more lax and blase
about money than women and me being in receipt of child benefit payments
would have stuck out as unusual as this is relatively rare apparently.

I wonder how many others have been approached? Given the level of
knowledge in the call and letter of account details - ONLY used for the
child benefit payment in an old and otherwise disused bank account - the
ONLY source of information must have been from this disk. I can't
believe the two events were coincidence and I certainly don't believe
the disk was "lost" but suspect an insider job element too.