[LUG] VPN was PC sharing

On 23/01/08 21:43:54, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:39:24PM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> > Henry Bremridge wrote:
> > > I would love to learn more about networking: in particular
> linking
> remote offices (eg work and home)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Henry
> > > Wed Jan 23 15:17:24 GMT 2008
> > >
> > Regrettably I'm in Wales.  I have a pretty good grip on networking
> (I'd
> > hope so having done ISP Tech Support for 6.5 years, 5 as a Senior
> ;)).
> > I've also had my own home network for a few years, and in the first
> > assignment I had in my current degree got a Distinction for my
> report on
> > how to secure a small scale corporate network.
> >
> > What sort of content would you be wanting to see?  As you mention
> > linking home and work I'm guessing VPN would be part of that?
> >

> My partner does quite a bit of office work at home and she is forever
> needing stuff from her home machine on her work machine and v/v. At
> the moment she either uses a usb stick or emails the files from one
> machine to another. Most seem inefficient.
>
> I have been suggesting putty and will sit her down as soon as I can
> and show her how it works but a networked connection would be much
> easier
>
> Home: Ubuntu 7.10
> Work: Some sort of Vista

You want to try sslexplorer, that's pretty good.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\