[LUG] ISO

Posted by "Alex Mclennan" <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi all can someone help me,i am running ubuntu 6.10 and i want to load ubuntu7.10.i
have downloaded the iso to desk top and then burnt direct to a disc using gnomebaker
i have also tried to do on an xp machine using nero6.
both time it burnt the disc fine,my problem is i cant load on the machine.i have put
the disc in and restarted the machine it says boot from cd but then continues to
load 6.10,am i doing something wrong.
my machine has no name but has a p3 1.0ghz cpu with 778mb of ram with 32mb for
graphics and has a 20gb laptop hd fitted{this is a very small desktop}.
could any answers be simple as i am at the idiot stage in linux learning,
thank you,alex
--

Generated by the contributors page
in the members area at D+C GLUG