Re: [LUG] ISO

alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "Alex Mclennan" <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> hi all can someone help me,i am running ubuntu 6.10 and i want to load
> ubuntu7.10.i have downloaded the iso to desk top and then burnt direct to a disc
> using gnomebaker i have also tried to do on an xp machine using nero6.
> both time it burnt the disc fine,my problem is i cant load on the machine.i have
> put the disc in and restarted the machine it says boot from cd but then continues
> to load 6.10,am i doing something wrong.
> my machine has no name but has a p3 1.0ghz cpu with 778mb of ram with 32mb for
> graphics and has a 20gb laptop hd fitted{this is a very small desktop}.
> could any answers be simple as i am at the idiot stage in linux learning,
> thank you,alex
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Generated by the contributors page
> in the members area at D+C GLUG
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have you downloaded the md5 file and checked that the downloaded iso is
not corrupted in some way,   you need the correct md5 for the iso you
downloaded then run md5 sum to check the,  essentially it calculates the
checksum and compares it to the download iso.md5 file if they match then
no data loss happened during download.

I can't remember the exact command offhand but I am sure someone here
can give you the correct one.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug