Re: [LUG] NHS Healthspace - Firefox users need not apply

On 19 Dec 2007, at 09:11, Tom Potts wrote:

>> Firefox connected on my Mac, is it at the booking stage it fails? If
>> so I agree with you entirely. However, maybe the recent losses of
>> data will make the government rethink spending our money on yet
>> another lousy Windows oriented database, i.e. the identity one. Who
>> now is going to trust any government with more data than you
>> absolutely have to.
> I'm afraid the problem is due to the lie that M$ sold themselves
> on. Windows
> does not make problems easier. It helps with a few things but
> doesn't help
> you think. As a result the last twenty years has produced a glut of IT
> consultants who 'no nothing' but can format it well and maybe do a
> mail
> merge.
> I'd be happy with the Government using W$ databases - I just wish
> they would
> contract a company who had more engineers than lawyers so they
> might actually
> attempt to create useful systems rather than make sure their legal
> arse is so
> well covered that they don't need to write a line of code to get paid!
> Tom te tom te tom

Amen to that, Tom. My elderly Jewish grandfather would say, " but are
they a consultant by a consultant" that is who says they're a
consultant, themselves? As for lawyers, don't start me, I'm sure
they're loved by their mothers but..........

Clare