[LUG] 3 Mobile broadband

Hi folks,

I see that 3 are now offering mobile broadband to Pay As You Go
customers.  It is £10 a month for 1GB allowance.  Although it's not as
attractive as home broadband, it certainly would be useful for anyone
who has a laptop (or EeePC) and wants to check e-mail, do basic web
browsing whilst away from home.

Thing is, no doubt it will only officially support Windows and maybe Mac
(I haven't checked this out so I'm guessing on this).  Does anyone know
if these modems will work on Linux?

If so, I really am tempted to get one, if only to use as a backup
connection when I'm away from home (£10 gives you 1GB allowance which
lasts 30 days, and seems cheaper than using a £10/hr wifi hotspot).

Rob