Re: [LUG] NHS Healthspace - Firefox users need not apply

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 08:56, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 19 Dec 2007, at 07:53, Dave Berkeley wrote:
> > Just another example of inept Government IT projects.
> >
> > https://www.healthspace.nhs.uk/cbintroduction.aspx
> >
> > You can't book an NHS appointment online unless you are running IE.
> >
> > There should be a collection of these sites somewhere. A rogue's
> > gallery.
> >
> > Dave Berkeley
>
> Firefox connected on my Mac, is it at the booking stage it fails? If
> so I agree with you entirely. However, maybe the recent losses of
> data will make the government rethink spending our money on yet
> another lousy Windows oriented database, i.e. the identity one. Who
> now is going to trust any government with more data than you
> absolutely have to.
I'm afraid the problem is due to the lie that M$ sold themselves on. Windows
does not make problems easier. It helps with a few things but doesn't help
you think. As a result the last twenty years has produced a glut of IT
consultants who 'no nothing' but can format it well and maybe do a mail
merge.
I'd be happy with the Government using W$ databases - I just wish they would
contract a company who had more engineers than lawyers so they might actually
attempt to create useful systems rather than make sure their legal arse is so
well covered that they don't need to write a line of code to get paid!
Tom te tom te tom