[LUG] OT: Broadband Migration Woes

Hi all,

Having finally decided I'd had enough of plus.net, I found a deal with
virgin.net - £17.99 for unlimited access, reasonable use seemed fair
etc.  So after a chat with the Mrs, we decided to go for it, and
switch.  All seemed to go well, we got our MAC and filled out the web
form on the virgin.net site - when we got to the end, the price
suddenly changed to £10 pm.  It seemed a reduction to those
transferring in was offered.

All went well (ish).  The customer service system was dreadful, and
the virgin.net website buggy.  I had to call them @ 25p a minute in
order to find out when I was being connected, as the website said "you
will be connected on the  between 7 and 9pm".  As soon as the
migration was complete, the connection was dreadful.  All over the
place, pings were up across the board by 500ms (rubbish for gaming and
the wife plays warcraft) and speeds nearly as bad as plusnet,
sometimes even worse.

I called, and was told the bad speeds were due to line tuning.  Fair
enough I thought, and waited a week, then emailed them.  No reply.
Tried the web chat.  The icon disappears when you mouse over it.
Checked the account webmail.  "Thanks for signing up to virgin calls".
 What??!  I called them @ 25p a min again.

Basically was told that there is a fault at the local exchange (I
checked, there IS a routing issue so pings are down, still doesn't
explain the dismal speeds) but the tech support guy couldn't deal with
the ordering or transfer me, so I got another number to ring.  I did
so, and sat in the queue for about 15 mins and finally got through to
someone who wouldn't honour the tenner a month deal unless I had calls
to go with it, even though I offered to send screenshots of the
ordering system.

Anyway, upshot was that I've got a shiney new mac code and nowhere to
go.  Any suggestions?   (clean ones only!!)