Re: [LUG] Gnome, GTK, firefox file associations

On 30/11/2007, Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mike Martin wrote:
> > How old is your Gnome install?
>
> Probably not more than a few weeks.
>
> > Dont you have evince (Document Viewer installed)
> >
> > Assuming your gnome is anything in the last three years, this is how
> > you change file associations
> >
> > right-click on on file, choose properties and click open with tab,
> > then select appropriate app (the radio button shows default - click to
> > change)
>
> Ah, perhaps I should have mentioned that I don't use Gnome.

"I've looked all over the 'net and cannot find how to change the gnome
file associations anywhere. Anyone know how this is done? I ran
gnome-control-center and gnome-default-applications-properties, but
those are an abomination- what's the point in an application association
dialog which only lists web, email and terminal?"

This does sort of imply you are using gnome, as does the title