Re: [LUG] OT Web Page Design

> > Most hosts provide PHP which does includes if they don't explicitly do
> > SSI, or allow you to enable it yourself.
> I asked about SSI once I discovered it and was told by Demon that it was
> available on business pages not on home pages. PHP I am starting to
> learn to help with a friend's project (who is indeed an expert on such
> matters).

Quite surprised to hear that they haven't SSI enabled, but by writing

<?php include("sidebar.html"); ?>

in your document, you'll include the contents of the file sidebar.html
into your document. If you only want to use includes, there's no need
to learn any further PHP. Note that, at least on most servers, you'll
have to rename your HTML files so that they use the .php extension (so
index.php instead of index.html) for this to work.

Martijn.