Re: [LUG] mailing list

Steph Foster wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
>> circuswarp@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Posted by "Chris Baker" <circuswarp@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>

>>> Hi, not sure who to address this to but I'm sure I'll get a quick response. I
>>> recently joined this LUG and wonder how long it will be before I can post to the
>>> mailing list since everything has to be moderated atm.
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>>
>>> Christopher Baker
>>> --
>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>
>>> Generated by the contributors page
>>> in the members area at D+C GLUG
>>> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
>>> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>

>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> AFAIK it's normally only moderated if you send from a different email
>> address to the one you registered with.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Julian
>>

> That's right , I had a similar problem at the beginning
>
> e.g even though googlemail.com and gmail.com are identical from a dns
> point of view the mailing list DOES distinguish them

I have had these problems which to me seem quite a nuisance. Why can one
not just mail the list without all the formalities? I do not see any
items requiring great security.

I am a member of several lists which work in a far simpler manner
without any trouble.

It seems strange to have to log in just to send a message to the list.

John W Hansen