Re: [LUG] OT Web Page Design

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 00:06 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> Well you just use something that builds the site from the components,
So far I just make new blocks of navigation items for any new pages, and
put them a template for each new page of a set, test and copy to amke a
start on the new pages. If I could hold the block in reserve, be able to
edit it and write it over the old ones, that would make things easier if
I wanted to add pages I had not thought of. How would I do this? Learn
perl? I am just starting on this. When I am ready, I could try it out!
> some die-hards even use "make".
>
> Most hosts provide PHP which does includes if they don't explicitly do
> SSI, or allow you to enable it yourself.
I asked about SSI once I discovered it and was told by Demon that it was
available on business pages not on home pages. PHP I am starting to
learn to help with a friend's project (who is indeed an expert on such
matters).

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk