Re: [LUG] OT: Lax Bureaucracy [Was Re: TV Licensing]

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 11:26, james kilty wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:45 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> > I'm talking
> > about the type who jump out of the car and walk briskly off, or worse
> > carry a heavy bag off with them.
>
> We do see them and I think my wife has a box of stickers for them!
You have to watch that - we used to get people parking across our drive so we
couldn't use the cars until we had got the police to tow them away.
I put stickers on the windscreen (one woman drove off with an A4 right across
the drivers part of the screen rather than talk to me) and the police
informed me I could be done for criminal damage!
I did point out that sometimes it cost me a fortune to be deprived of use of
my car for a whole weekend sometimes but apparently that was not as bad as
wasting 5 minutes of someones time scraping a sticker off the window!
Its a lawyers world....
Tom te tom te tom