[LUG] OT: parking [was: Lax Bureaucracy [Was Re: TV Licensing]]

On 13/11/07 11:38:35, Tom Potts wrote:
> You have to watch that - we used to get people parking across our
> drive so we
> couldn't use the cars until we had got the police to tow them away.
> I put stickers on the windscreen (one woman drove off with an A4
> right
> across
> the drivers part of the screen rather than talk to me) and the police
> informed me I could be done for criminal damage!
> I did point out that sometimes it cost me a fortune to be deprived of
> use of
> my car for a whole weekend sometimes but apparently that was not as
> bad as
> wasting 5 minutes of someones time scraping a sticker off the window!
> Its a lawyers world....

Last time that happened to me I got a neighbor to move forward 18" and
I moved back about 24", they couldn't get out.
We left it like that for 3 days, never saw them again.

Used to work in London and people used to park in front of our
workshop.
Open roller shutter door, car in the way, use fork lift to remove car
to another location, they got the idea...

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\