Re: [LUG] Linux in business

GeekLord wrote:

> The closest I could find was 'My books Professional' I'm not sure its
> going to be OK for us. This is the Force Major thats holding me back not
> the OS.

Accounts software with VAT and other localization is an issue for a fair
few businesses trying to adopt GNU/Linux, or free software.

Obviously the simplified (?) VAT rules means that for many businesses
not in the buying and selling physical goods game VAT doesn't need to be
accounted for in a "nickle and dime" fashion of previous eras. Something
I think many businesses haven't realised (and I doubt their accountants
are eager to tell them either).

Last time I looked "SQL Ledger" was the leading free software package
aimed at medium sized business.

www.sql-ledger.org

It isn't one I have direct experience of.

But I'm sure a lot of businesses could probably just use GNU Cash or
similar. The larger systems come into their own mostly where there are
several folks needing to do updates simultaneously, or from different
locations, or needing integration to other systems.