[LUG] Linux in business

Dear all

After correspondence with a member of West Cornwall Business Network, I
wonder if an event for small businesses would be a good idea. I have no
idea of the range of standard software likely to be needed but wonder if
it might be another way into the mass of MS users.

Certainly from my small experience of one event, to be able to
demonstrate (and train in the use of) a Linux server in a medium sized
organisation would be good.

Is it feasible to consider a showcase centre? I suppose it would be a
bit much to hope for a College to do this but are there any small or
large businesses (or other) able to offer visits? We culd perhaps trial
this idea through a visit by members?
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk