Re: [LUG] ubuntu

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 22:46 +0100, Ray Smith wrote:

> At the moment putting a cloth over it. we have a sky netgear router with
> lights down the whole front and a light on the back.
> But it does get a bit warm.
> We want to move it downstairs where its less intrusive.
> If the wireless worked in linux I would do it. As it on;y works with the
> cable this is what annoys my wife. She knows the wireless works with
> windows and she doesn't use linux !
>
> I can't win. Unless I get it working !!
>
> Ray

YeeHah !!

I can remove the cloth and move the router and its green glowing lights
from my bedroom.
Wireless is working.
Removed the gnome network tools and installed Wicd instead.
Right now am connected with an icon showing  my access point.
Might just test for a couple of days as if I disconnect and try to
connect up again X freezes.
Don't know what that is apart from using latest testing version so
updates might cure this.

regards,

Ray