Re: [LUG] ubuntu

Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Nice.  Good old fast internet, what ever did we do before it?
>>
>> (actually, I remember, spending a month downloading RedHat on dialup!)
>>
>> Rob
>>

> That must have left you with a rather large telephone bill
>
> Paul

Actually no, it was when BT released Surftime, I paid something like £6
a month for off peak free internet access, it was great having a
connection from 6pm until about 8am and then all weekend.  Saying that
though, it did tie the phone line up somewhat!

I'm downloading Ubuntu now.  I think the mirrors are pretty loaded, I've
  opted for the Bit Torrent method of downloading, at least that way I
can do my bit and give some bandwidth back.

I was surprised too how many versions there are!

Rob