Re: [LUG] ubuntu

> You are talking about Ubuntu 7.10 right?

Yes

> I've downloaded it, trying it on a machine for a friend, didn't like
> booting up properly in normal mode on the live CD, I've had to use safe
> mode graphics to get it to run the installer.  Hopefully it should be
> okay when it's installed.
>
> Oh and the flashing lights problem, can you put something infront of the
> router like a plant?  I have 3 routers sitting on my hifi cabinet.  Got
> red up with the flashing lights so I put a small vase in front of it.
>
> Rob

At the moment putting a cloth over it. we have a sky netgear router with
lights down the whole front and a light on the back.
But it does get a bit warm.
We want to move it downstairs where its less intrusive.
If the wireless worked in linux I would do it. As it on;y works with the
cable this is what annoys my wife. She knows the wireless works with
windows and she doesn't use linux !

I can't win. Unless I get it working !!

Ray