Re: [LUG] Geocaching

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:43:56 +0100
Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2007, Robin Cornelius was like:
>
> > should make the whole experience a lot more fun as it requires user
> > thought and decisions!
>
> I agree; Geocaching is great fun, with or without a young family --
> but better with. www.geocaching.com (for those still catching up).
>
> Tony Sumner

I think some of the group are mixing up geocaching with sat-nav. I am
not talking about using a GPS receiver while driving. It will be used
to help me find a cache, the modern version of Dartmoor letter boxing.

With some of the more expensive receivers it is possible to transfer
the co-ordinates etc from a computer to the receiver, rather than
typing it all in. I was wondering about doing that using Linux.

Neil Winchurst