[LUG] microphone for speech

Dear all

I hope to record some talks quite soon. I have tried an old mic I used a
few years ago successfully and my daughter's karaoke mic. Neither gives
an acceptable playback using audacity or sound recorder. Do I need a
high quality microphone - it needs to be a few feet away from the
speakers (two) - if so, can you suggest a reasonably priced one? I would
like to feed it into the computer and then create a cd (!) or perhaps
save to a usb stick.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk