Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Rob Beard wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 11:41:02AM +0100, Neil Stone wrote:
>>

>>> I might also be able to source some of these..

>>> Raising funds for DCLUG is a good idea, and yes we can do it.. it will
>>> help to fund future events where we might need to pay for the rental of
>>> a hall for example..
>>>

>> Frankly having spent the last 2 hours or so trying to find a driver for a webcam
>> (Sweex or Q-tec 300), I would love it if some local suppliers could advertise
>> linux friendly hardware
>>
>> anyway it now looks like I might be forced to run winxp under vmserver (thanks
>> for the ideas yesterday..)
>>
>> ps and thanks to rob for getting the sweex wireless apparently working on his
>> machine (we could not get any wireless connection going while there).
>>

> No problem Henry.  I should have brought along my router we could have
> tested it properly then.
>
> Talking about web cams, the software I was thinking of for Linux is
> called Motion.  It runs in the background as a daemon and tracks motion
> on your web cam (or TV/Video capture card) and can either record the
> output as a JPG or MPEG4 AVI video.  It has an embedded web server to
> help being accessible from the internet.

on a related program http://www.zoneminder.com/ allows video capture,
for use as a security system,  the article I have has a script that goes
through pictures taken and takes out any that have changed,  i.e

door closed - room dark 5 pics
door opens light floods in,  takes another picture,  then the softwere
will delete 4 of the dark room pics,  allowing you to look at the times
to determine when changes occured.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007