Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Rob Beard wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> How did it go?
>>
>> I made it briefly, but it was looking rather quiet on the stand.
>>
>> Afraid I beat a retreat to somewhere cooler, as I was melting in the heat.
>>
>>  Simon
>>

> Well we only sold 1 OpenCD to some elderly woman who also picked up a
> FLOSS leaflet.  We've given out a few leaflets and stickers.  Not bad
> considering the last minute arrangements (and the fact that the sun was
> shining straight on the two LCD monitors I had brought along so no one
> could see Ubuntu running.
>
> Rob

We had some good discussions today,  one of which was to do with
resources for future meetings,  what would be useful is

1. Gazebo (useful for hot weather like to day) (does anyone have one we
can use for such events)
2. Ubuntu flyers professionally printed
3. OpenCD's professioanlly pressed / printed
4. Proper printed banner,  with tux, and the dcglug logo / website
address,  and perhaps the gnu logo, on their too,
5. Does anyone have any leaflet holders, so any stands look a little
more professional with leaflets in a proper dispenser, rather than on
the table where any wind can blow away.

Can we raise funds for the lug,  through selling banners on website,  it
just helps to cover costs, of getting some of the above.  It may also
help local businesses too.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007