Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 12:47 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:

> Not 100% sure but this worked for me on w2k with kubuntu (ubuntu with KDE -
> soon to be the defacto window manager for Linux as Gnome is possibly being
> poisened ) :
> Defrag the system so there is some space for ubuntu to install itself.
> Stick in ubuntu cdrom and an get your system to boot into it:
> When its up and running there should be an 'install' icon.
> Hit that and agree to anything sensible.
> You will then have a dual boot system!
Works with xp. Second time, with the second option (Dell laptop). I have
done it elsewhere and defragged several times as it put files all over
the place. Once they were in as sensible a place as I thought I could
get (all in the first half of the disc) I went ahead with the
partitioning. And back up first to cover yourself.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk