Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Thursday 09 August 2007 10:58, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:46:49PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Hi folks,
>
> Should be able to make it: I am looking for clues on switching my partner
> from winxp to linux (desktop) and how to
>
> - Dual boot winxp / ubuntu
Not 100% sure but this worked for me on w2k with kubuntu (ubuntu with KDE -
soon to be the defacto window manager for Linux as Gnome is possibly being
poisened ) :
Defrag the system so there is some space for ubuntu to install itself.
Stick in ubuntu cdrom and an get your system to boot into it:
When its up and running there should be an 'install' icon.
Hit that and agree to anything sensible.
You will then have a dual boot system!

> - set up a webcam with link to a MS Vista laptop
suggest apply ubuntu to vista laptop and accidentally wipe vista.