Re: [LUG] DCGLUG Branded OpenCD 7.04

Rob Beard wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>> I understand that there are time constraints to consider here, but would
>> it not be nice to include something Linuxie on the CD?
>>
>> http://wubi-installer.org is a 10MB windows exe which allows the Linux
>> novice to install a full flavour of ubuntu 7.04 to a virtual drive which
>> lives as a file on the existing C drive and uses the MS bootloader to
>> facilitate the dual booting. Paul mentioned this project a week ago and
>> i reckon it is a winner for those Linux sceptics out there who don't
>> want to hurt their fragile Windows install ;-)
>>
>> Not like there isn't the space on the OpenCD, integration into the
>> OpenCD menus could be done at a later date of course.
>>
>> Bill.
>>

> Hmm, could be an idea.  I'm actually going to be giving out a load of
> Ubuntu/Kubuntu CDs at the fun day on Saturday.  If I get time I'll put
> it in there.  I'm sure I read actually on the Wubi web site that it may
> be integrated into the next release of Ubuntu which would be good.  Even
> better I think would be a version of Wubi that re-sizes partitions like
> the Ubuntu installer.  That would certainly make it easier for newbies
> to install (rather than having to explain about changing BIOS settings).
>
> Rob

Okay, I've popped Wubi onto the disc in the Programs folder.  With the
next release I'll try and add it to the menu (as I'll have more time).

I'm going to start making the ISO image in a minute.

I was wondering, could we possibly create a page on the DCGLUG web site
for new users called starthere?

(I'm thinking www.dcglug.org.uk/starthere)

Rob