Re: [LUG] DCGLUG Branded OpenCD 7.04

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 08/08/07, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 21:06 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> The Devon & Cornwall Linux User Group was founded in October 1999 by
>>> Alex Charrett and Aaron Trevena.
>> I always think it communicates immediately if we actually say what the
>> group is for even if it is implicit in the title. How about something
>> along the lines of "to provide mutual help in using GNU/Linux."
>
> Yup - the historical stuff can go near the bottom - it's nice to
> reassure people that we've been around so long - 1999! crikey!
>
> A.

Okay, how does this sound?

he Devon & Cornwall Linux User Group was founded in October 1999 by Alex
Charrett and Aaron Trevena to provide mutual help in using GNU/Linux.

The Linux User Group has members from around the Devon and Cornwall area
(and even some members out of these areas) who participate in our active
mailing list and user group meetings.

We welcome all users of Linux and Free/Libre/Open Source Software
(FLOSS) regardless of their technical knowledge or ability.

----

I was thinking that we can tweak it over time.  I really need to get a
final ISO finished so I can start burning the CDs ready for Saturday.  I
get the impression that the next release of The OpenCD is due sooner
rather than later.  The current custom version of the CD is a bit rough
around the edges, I've only actually been working on it for a couple of
evenings so I haven't had chance to make it look really pretty (I'm
getting grief from my other half as I write this!) although I have high
hopes for the next release to have a bit more time spent on it (assuming
it doesn't get released a week before Software Freedom Day!)

Rob